Temporary Resident Visa (Visitor)

Before enter Canada as a visitor, you may need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa either in person or by post at a Canadian Embassy, Consulate or High Commission. Every country has its own requirements.  It is essential that you will need to demonstrate your ties to your home country and provide proof of funds in your application. Both single entry and multiple-entry visas are available.

If you are in doubt whether you meet all the requirements, please send us a message by filling out the form below and we will get back to you shortly. All information will be treated confidentially.

Book a consultation immediately

Study Permit

If you wish to study in Canada, you will first need to be admitted to a qualified educational institution in Canada. You will need to demonstrate why you wish to study in Canada and you will also need to provide evidence of your financial capability.

Students in Canada at the college level or higher may work on-campus, or obtain an off-campus work permit after studying for six months.  The off-campus work permit will allow the student to work up to 20 hours per week.  In addition, students graduating from publicly funded colleges and universities, or private post-secondary institutions permitted by statute to confer degrees, are entitled to a post-graduate work permit of up to three years, depending on the duration of studies.

Book a consultation immediately

Work Permit

Generally, you must first have an offer of employment and apply for a work permit before coming to Canada to work. There are three types of work in Canada:

  • Work, which requires no work permit;
  • Work, which requires a work permit but no Labour Market Impact Assessment
  • Work, which requires both a work permit and a Labour Market Impact Assessment.

Work without a Work Permit

Some people do not need a work permit, such as some business visitors, athletes, performing artists, public speakers or news reporters. Each category has specific requirements, so it is essential to ensure that you qualify before appearing at a port of entry.

Book a consultation immediately

NAFTA Work Permit

Intra-corporate transferees, NAFTA workers, and PNP certificate holders may all apply for a work permit without a Labour Market Impact Assessment. Each category has specific requirements.

Book a consultation immediately

Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)

Although there are some occupations, which are exempt, most require your prospective employer to apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment through Service Canada before you can apply for a work permit. Your employer will need to show that the wages to pay to you are fair, and that they made recruitment efforts in Canada before hiring a foreign worker. Once a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment has been issued, you will then be able to apply for a Work Permit.

Book a consultation immediately

Temporary Resident Permit

When you are inadmissible to Canada, through a visa office abroad or at a Canadian border or airport, you may be eligible for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP).

Foreign nationals who have committed a crime or have been charged or convicted of a crime may also require a TRP to enter Canada. This includes individuals who have committed an offence of driving under the influence (DUI) for example.

If you were found inadmissible, you must have a compelling reason to enter Canada. Compelling reasons may include, but are not limited to:

  • Entry for business, trade or investment purposes;
  • Entry to see family members who are ill;
  • Entry for emergency purposes; or
  • Entry for leisure purposes, in some circumstances.

When applying to a TRP, you must demonstrate to Immigration Refugee Citizenship and Canada (CIC) that you are unlikely to pose a threat or risk to Canadian society. Usually all applications are decided by visa officers on a discretionary basis and it is important to submit a strong TRP application with relevant supporting documents.

There are different ways to submit a TRP application and you should consult with an Immigration Consultant before submitting your application.

Book a consultation immediately

Live-IN Caregiver

This special category of work permit requires the applicant to have at least a high school diploma, sufficient English to communicate effectively in the job, and either a six-month caregiver course certificate or twelve months of experience. Your Canadian prospective employer will also need an approved Labour Market Impact Assessment.

Book a consultation immediately

International Experience Class

International Experience Canada (IEC) provides young individuals the opportunity to travel and work in Canada. IEC is available in countries and territories that have a bilateral youth mobility agreement with Canada. If your country of citizenship does not have an agreement with Canada, you may be able to use a Recognized Organization to come to Canada.

Depending on where you are from, you can choose from up to three travel and work experiences:

Working Holiday

Fund your vacation with temporary work in Canada. The work portion of your trip lets you earn money so that you can fund your travels during your stay. It is a great way to afford side trips, other excursions and accommodations while you are in Canada.

Young Professionals

Gain Canadian professional work experience to better compete in a global economy. Widen your career horizons by working on teams from diverse cultural backgrounds, learn new approaches to doing business, experience a different country and learn another language.

International Co-op Internship

Acquire valuable overseas work experience related to your field of study. The International Co-op Internship is for students who intend to complete a work placement or internship in Canada to fulfill part of their academic curriculum.

Book a consultation immediately