I Have A Job Offer In Canada; Can I Apply For A Work Permit?

An employer in Canada offered me a job; can I apply for a Work Permit?

Yes. When applying for work permits in Canada there are several options.

One option is to obtain a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and subsequently apply for a work permit.


Citizens and Permanent Residents of the United States and Mexico may also be eligible for LMIA-exempt work permits under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), if they meet the requirements.

Citizens and Permanent Residents of participating countries may also be able to obtain a working holiday visa to work in Canada. Please consult our immigration consultants prior applying.