I Am A Carpenter From Vietnam And I Have Heard That There Is A New Program For Tradespeople. How Does It Work, And How Do I Apply?

As of January 2015, Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship of Canada have a new system for people to apply to this program. It is called Express Entry. The Federal Skilled Trades Program is part of the Express Entry and for people who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade.


In addition to being qualified for an eligible occupation, Federal Skilled Trades Program applicants must demonstrate basic language proficiency in either English or French, so you must take a language test.  For further information, please contact our immigration consultant for advise.